Locks and potentials courtesy of the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Yankee blog. Be very interesting to see if any of last years AA arms can make the team out of camp.
1. Chien-Ming Wang -- Obviously.
2. Mariano Rivera -- Next stop, Cooperstown.
3. Andy Pettitte -- Locked in as the No. 2 starter.
4. LaTroy Hawkins -- Locked into the bullpen.
5. Mike Mussina -- Seems set at the back of the rotation.
6. Joba Chamberlain -- Only question is, rotation or bullpen?
7. Phil Hughes -- It would take a huge fall for him to return to Triple-A.
8. Kyle Farnsworth -- Only a trade would keep him from the Bronx.
9. Ian Kennedy -- Seems like a lock, but the least lock-ish of the bunch.
10. Brian Bruney -- Re-signed. Solid past two years. Reading good things about him out of camp.
11. Jeff Karstens -- Starting the first intrasquad seems like a good sign.
12. Sean Henn -- Doesn't hurt that /page/NYY">Yankees.lhblogs.com/2008/02/22/henn-and-ja
ckson-open-girardis-eyes/">Joe Girardi seems to like him, at least early.
Next in line
13. Billy Traber -- Left-handed option needs Henn to falter.
14. Darrell Rasner -- Just a hunch. Seems like a good long relief option behind Karstens.
15. Jose Veras -- Another hunch. Seems like he could impress pretty quickly to beat Bruney.
16. Ross Ohlendorf -- Behind Veras only because he's relatively new to the pen. Could move up quickly.
17. Chris Britton -- Like Bruney, apparently reported to camp in better shape.
18. Edwar Ramirez -- Changeup makes him different from the other right-handed options.
19. Jonathan Albaladejo -- Right now, hard to know what to make of this guy.
20. Heath Phillips -- Including him here as something of a left-handed wild card.
21. Scott Strickland -- Only 15 games last year. Wonder how much the time away hurt him.
Too early to tell
22. Scott Patterson -- Will he get a real look at the big league level, or will be he be waiting in Triple-A?
23. Steven White -- Of all the minor league starters, I like his bullpen chances the most.
24. Kei Igawa -- Would the Yankees put him in the pen? Might need rotation injuries to make the team.
25. Chase Wright -- Being left-handed helps his case, but probably going to start in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
26. Dan Giese -- Throws strikes, but probably too many guys ahead of him.
27. Alan Horne -- Loads of talent, but with so many relief options I see him in the Triple-A rotation.
28. Steven Jackson -- Apparently Girardi likes his sinker. That can't hurt.
29. Dan McCutchen -- Ahead of Marquez only because he profiles better as a reliever. Still a longshot.
30. Jeff Marquez -- Groundball pitcher without overpowering stuff. I don't see him in this bullpen.
31. Mark Melancon -- Coming back from injury. More likely to start the year in Tampa.
32. Humberto Sanchez -- Also coming back from injury.
33. Andrew Brackman -- Out for the year.
34. Carl Pavano -- Technically in camp.